Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Album Layouts Galore!

I am in album heaven right now as I try to process through about 6 albums in the works. It seems all of my clients are picking their pics for their album at the same time! What joy!

I do not use any templates or software (besides photoshop) to create my album layouts simply because I find them way too restricting. Its always tough to find a template that looks exactly what I want the layout to look like. I have played around with YSI and Montage in the past only to find its easier for me to create the layouts from scratch! Of course now I have gotten pretty fast at getting layouts done.

Oh and just a quick note, I never limit the number of photos my clients can choose for their albums. I recommend keeping it at less than 5 pics per page, but I do have some rather ambitious brides who pick over 500 pics for a 32 page album. Keep in mind 500 pics in a 32 page album makes a very crowded album! I have thought about limiting the number of images, recently, but decided this is one of my key selling points. You pick the images you want in your album and we go back and forth an infinite number of times until you are happy.

Here are some of my fav layouts from the past few albums I am working on...











2 comments:

Payal_Designer said...

I think these layouts are so unique and personalized. I really like this concept of personalization, and I think your work is fabulous. You have a great eye for detail. I can't wait to hire you one day!

Leslie - Wedding Noise said...

Sandhya,
My favorite spread is the top photo in this blog post. The colors are so rich and the background photo seems to have the perfect color palette to showcase the photos. Well done.
On a personal note, I run a wedding blog and would be interested in exchanging links with you on your blog. Let me know how you want to be linked and I can add you by tomorrow.
I also have a quick business related question. Friends of mine over at Exclusively Weddings are interested in being listed on your blog for their wedding invitations in a new category titled "Wedding Vendors".
They can pay a one time insertion fee for your trouble by Paypal. If not interested in that they could also provide a helpful article on wedding invitations for your website to assist your visitors. I'm sure their open to any other ideas you may have too.
Look forward to hearing back from you!!

Sincerely,
Leslie Jenkins
Editor - http://weddingengagementnoise.wordpress.com/
"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last"